Within the search marketing industry, it is widely known that user experience is one of the most essential factors in determining how much users trust your site and therefore affects the ranking you receive from search engines (rankno1). Even if your website looks good, there are many other things to consider when optimizing for SEO.
Below are some guidelines to think through when trying to improve your site’s SEO ranking.
1. Use descriptive titles
Using short, uninformative titles will not give search engines enough to go on, and therefore your site may be ranked lower than it should. The title of an article is the text that appears as a link in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs), so it must give search engines a good idea of what the article is about.
2. Use descriptive headings
When users see your post on Google, they may not read the entire article, especially if it does not interest them (https://www.rankno1.co.uk/seo/services/). Therefore, make sure to describe each heading with relevant keywords. Like the title, the heading is the text that appears as a link in Google’s SERPs.
3. Use keywords
Keyword research is a crucial tool for determining what you should be writing about on your site. They are the terms users enter into search engines to find content related to their search, so the more your content matches up with what users are interested in, the more successful it will be.
4. Use images
Use of Images is a great tactic to get your target audience engaged with your site, and therefore increase its exposure on search engines. Also, It can be done in many ways, including adding alt text and an appealing filename to each image.
5. Social Media
Social networks are another great way of getting your site’s name out there. Increase the SEO ranking for your site by creating accounts on popular sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest and linking them together. This way, if someone visits your site through one social network, they will be encouraged to follow you on another.
Why does SEO matter?
SEO is becoming more of a topic as of late, perhaps because it is starting to fade from use. In fact, only 16% of marketers believe SEO will be their most important tactic in five years’ time.
However, it still remains one of the beneficial digital marketing strategies available today (https://www.rankno1.co.uk/seo/london). SEO helps to drive organic traffic to websites, build brand credibility and boost online conversions.
- Gain targeted traffic: With millions of websites online today, it is difficult for businesses to get their website noticed. By utilizing search engine optimization strategies, marketers can boost visitors to their site via organic search results.
- Build brand credibility: By achieving higher rankings in SERPs for high-ranking keywords, businesses can strengthen their brand image and gain consumer trust. This leads to increased conversion rates as visitors are more likely to purchase from websites they see on the first page of SERP for keywords that matter to them.
- Gain insight into customer searches: SEO provides data about how potential customers are searching for your product or service. It will help you to upgrade your marketing tactics and better serve customer needs.
- Be found at all times: With Google being the most popular search engine around, your website must rank high up in its results pages for target keywords related to your brand or products/services. Most users don’t often go past the first page of SERP, so your business will miss out on potential customers if you aren’t found in these results.
- Stay up-to-date with Google’s algorithm changes: You must keep up to date with how Google ranks websites and what impact these updates have on your website. By understanding current SEO ranking factors, marketers can ensure that their website stays relevant and achieves high rankings in SERP.